- Screened Bottom Board (100% Wax Coated)(14″ x 22″ x 2-9/16″)
- Plastic Insert (12-1/4" x 18-1/4" x 3/16")
- Entrance Reducer (12-1/4″ x 3/4″ x 3/4″)
- Screened Bottom Board (100% Wax Coated)(16-1/4″ x 22″ x 2-9/16″)
- Plastic Insert (14-1/2" x 18-1/4" x 3/16")
- Entrance Reducer (14-5/8″ x 3/4″ x 3/4″)
The major benefit of an 8 frame hive is that it weighs 20% less than a 8 frame hive. Honey is heavy. A 8 frame brood box that is full of honey can weigh up to 90 lbs while medium boxes can weigh up to 60lbs. A 20% difference can save your back.Why Choose Hoover Hives?
Hoover Hives are known for their beautiful and skillfully crafted wax coated beehives.
Every exterior hive part that may encounter rain or snow has been built with Fir wood and has been coated in 100% natural beeswax to help weather the elements.
They’ve thoughtfully chosen to use Fir wood over the traditional Pine because Fir has a tighter knit grain-flow within the wood than Pine does. This makes their exterior parts far more durable and less likely to shrink, expand, warp, or twist from the rain.
Once they’ve cut the wood, they dip each part into a pool of natural beeswax. They allow the beeswax to be soaked into the hive parts. This not only protects the wood, but is also what gives their hives their natural golden honey lustrous allure.