- Telescoping Top Cover Capped with Galvanized Steel (100% Wax-Coated)(18-1/2″ x 22″ x 2-7/8″)
- Inner Cover (16-1/4″ x 19-7/8″ x 3/4″)
- Plastic Queen Excluder (16-1/4″ x 19-7/8″ x 1/8″)
- 1 Deep Brood Box (100% Wax-Coated)(16-1/4″ x 19-7/8″ x 9-5/8″)
- 10 Deep Brood Langstroth Wood Frames (1-3/8″ x 19″ x 9-1/8″)
- 10 Plastic Black Textured CellTech Foundations (100% Wax-Coated)(3/16″ x 16-3/4″ x 8-1/2″)
- Solid Bottom Board (100% Wax-Coated)(16-1/4″ x 22″ x 2-9/16″)
- Entrance Reducer (100% Wax-Coated)(14-5/8″ x 3/4″ x 3/4″)
- Mouse Guard (14-5/8″ x 2-1/2″ x 1/2″)
- 2 Mouse Guard Nail Plates (2-1/8″ x 7/16″ x 1/16″)
- Assembly Required Unless Otherwise Specified
Hoover Hives are known for their beautiful and skillfully crafted wax-coated beehives.
Every exterior hive part that may encounter rain or snow has been built with Fir wood. They’ve thoughtfully chosen to use Fir wood over the traditional Pine because Fir has a tighter knit grain flow within the wood than Pine does. This makes their exterior parts far more durable and less likely to shrink, expand, warp, or twist from the rain.
Hoover Hives wax-coated hive bodies and supers have been designed to stay true for years to come. They've been dipped in 100% natural beeswax helping them weather the elements without the hassle of painting your hives. Every joint on Hoover Hives' boxes utilizes the dovetailing technique that leaves no room for error and is the defining factor that keeps Hoover Hives perfectly square.
Once they’ve cut the wood, they dip each part into a pool of natural beeswax. They allow the beeswax to be soaked into the hive parts. This not only protects the wood but is also what gives their hives their natural golden honey lustrous allure.
Hoover Hives 10 frame hive parts use dimensions that are consistent with the industry standard and are interchangeable with all other Langstroth 10 frame beehives.