- Telescoping Top Cover Capped with Galvanized Steel (100% Wax Coated)(16-1/4″ x 22″ x 2-7/8″)
- Inner Cover (14″ x 19-7/8″ x 3/4″)
- Plastic Queen Excluder (14″ x 19-7/8″ x 1/8″)
- 1 Medium Super Box (100% Wax Coated)(14″ x 19-7/8″ x 6-5/8″)
- 8 Medium Super Langstroth Wood Frames (1-3/8″ x 19″ x 6-1/4″)
- 8 Plastic Natural Honey Colored Textured CellTech Foundations (100% Wax Coated)(3/16″ x 16-3/4″ x 5-5/8″)
- 1 Deep Brood Box (100% Wax Coated)(14″ x 19-7/8″ x 9-5/8″)
- 8 Deep Brood Langstroth Wood Frames (1-3/8″ x 19″ x 9-1/8″)
- 8 Plastic Black Textured CellTech Foundations (100% Wax Coated)(3/16″ x 16-3/4″ x 8-1/2″)
- Solid Bottom Board (100% Wax Coated)(14″ x 22″ x 2-9/16″)
- Entrance Reducer (12-1/4″ x 3/4″ x 3/4″)
- Assembly Required Unless Otherwise Specified
The major benefit of an 8 frame hive is that it weighs 20% less than a 8 frame hive. Honey is heavy. A 8 frame brood box that is full of honey can weigh up to 90 lbs while medium boxes can weigh up to 60lbs. A 20% difference can save your back.
Hoover Hives are known for their beautiful and skillfully crafted wax coated beehives.
Every exterior hive part that may encounter rain or snow has been built with Fir wood and has been coated in 100% natural beeswax to help weather the elements.
They’ve thoughtfully chosen to use Fir wood over the traditional Pine because Fir has a tighter knit grain-flow within the wood than Pine does. This makes their exterior parts far more durable and less likely to shrink, expand, warp, or twist from the rain.
Once they’ve cut the wood, they dip each part into a pool of natural beeswax. They allow the beeswax to be soaked into the hive parts. This not only protects the wood, but is also what gives their hives their natural golden honey lustrous allure.
Hoover Hives 8 frame hive parts use dimensions that are consistent with the industry standard and are interchangeable with all other Langstroth 8 frame beehives.Looking to Buy in Bulk?
For bulk purchases of 20 or more please contact us at GalenaFarms@gmail.com